Sign in to follow this  
MaQuIs_PrInCeSs

Star Trek music

Well, it's called underscoring... I think. And usually the music is just there to enhance the mood. Like dramatic music that causes you to tense up during a suspenseful moment, or soft, flowing music during a sad scene. It just helps to develop the mood. But... the intro to Enterprise has words...

i dont think shes talking about the themes songs, rather the music that the characters listento in the show, much like we would listen to the radio. but maybe the future has a much greater appreciation of classical music just like our past. classical music has really died off in popularity, yet i still enjoy it.

I would agree that the music is not meant to do anything other thatto enhance the action that was happening at the moment in a particular scene. Therefore words were probably not not necessary. ;)

If you are referring to the theme song for each show...  They aren't theme songs, except for ENT's "Where My Heat Will Take me."  The other 4 shows have an instrumental theme, not a theme song.  Hope that helps!

If you are talking about the theme song to Enterprise it is called "Faith of the Heart"

Actually, and this is the honest to god truth, the original series theme sone did have lyrics. Unfortunately, it was so bad the decision to use a sund version for the tv show was thankfully nixed. I once heard a bootleg copy of the song and I have to say that my dog howling sounded better. I could have sworn that it was sung by Mrs. Miller. I'm sure that it exists somewhere out there yet but trust me, you don't need to search this one out.

Guest Guest

Enterprise is the only one to have a theme song with words, and it seems to work that way with the evolution of the human race with Columbus's "HMS Enterprise" and Zefran Cochrane's Pheonix and then the first warp 5 capable vessel, The Enterprise! It's a very affective title credits. I wonder if they will continue to use theme songs (with words) to make it as affective. The'd better create more series or I'll....

:D

Actually, and this is the honest to god truth, the original series theme sone did have lyrics.  Unfortunately, it was so bad the decision to use a sund version for the tv show was thankfully nixed.  I once heard a bootleg copy of the song and I have to say that my dog howling sounded better.  I could have sworn that it was sung by Mrs. Miller.  I'm sure that it exists somewhere out there yet but trust me, you don't need to search this one out.

I know... my mom sings it sometimes when we're watching the theme... The only words I remember are "My love is waiting for you" or something like that. I've never heard the original version... but I can say without hearing it, that it's probably better the way it is. It doesn't sound like a song that would or could have words to it. And I just think its fine the way it is. Plus, it started a trandition of no-word themes. At least until Enterprise, but I think that was tastefully done. The words and the pictures fit so well. And I think it kind of is a nice break from tradition. The theme kind of illustrates how the whole show (well, in my opinion at least) is a break from tradition. Four series have had no-word themes, and pictures of their ships (or stations in DS9's case!) floating lazy in space and then warping off to new adventures. Enterprise does warp off at the end of the song, and I think that's a wonderful little nod to tradition. It kind of says "Yeah, we're going to be a little different, but we're still Star Trek, and there are some traditions you just don't break." Maybe I'm being a little too analytical... Heh...