Sign in to follow this  
Lubak10

borg baby

Does anyone know where the borg baby went in the episodes where the borg kids first came on? I was reading the script online and they never said what happened to it. :wow:

:laugh: I thought that the borg baby was adopted by some one on the near by planet. maybe that was just one of those things that no one is supose to notice being that it was not part of the BIGGER plot :laugh:

Maybe the Borg Baby needed to be stablized in the Borg Cube to develop. This chamber was its natural life source, therefore extracting it would cause instantious death. Remember that Borg do not have sex, but did they gain the knowledge to reproduce without the use of technology?

Not necessarily. Couldnt it be an assimilated baby?

Wouldn't that kill the baby? After all, borgs don't really care about the comfert of the person they are assimalating and a baby is a very fragile thing.

The baby looked very small, I figured it was still within the mother when assimilated, thus it's small size. With the advanced technology of the Borg, all they'd need are nano-probes to stabilize the infant for assimilation, then placing it in a maturation chamber.

Probably not. I would assume the younger the better. If they assimilate them when they are babies they won't have any memories other than being Borg.

The baby was most likely to have been assimilated by itself. It didn't have that many implants so maybe too much would kill it, so they'd have to add them over time in the maturation chamber.

To think about it, these things might just be just one of those emotional attachments that really do not have any concuring logic associated with it. I personally think that the Borg Baby might of just been killed off, why have the need of a useless young creature? Once assimilated as a baby wouldnt it remain that way and not develop. the Borg Children were highly smart but I dont think that Borg grow, do they?

I thought that assimilation stunts the growthing process, not continues it

I personally think that the Borg Baby might of just been killed off, why have the need of a useless young creature?

Assimilation does not stunt growth. The maturation chambers are designed to accellerate growth from taking years to only taking months. So, the infant had to of been just assimilated. :lol:

Sorry Ahane, but the way you described the infant as a "useless creature" was just cold! :angry:

I personally think that the Borg Baby might of just been killed off, why have the need of a useless young creature?

Assimilation does not stunt growth. The maturation chambers are designed to accellerate growth from taking years to only taking months. So, the infant had to of been just assimilated. :laugh:

Sorry Ahane, but the way you described the infant as a "useless creature" was just cold! :dude:

I was speaking in the terms of Borg... It is weird, somehwhere in all that programing does the Borg hold the believe that great things come in small packages?

Remember this is not the first "Borg Baby" that we have seen. There were several in maturation chambers in the TNG episode where the Borg were first introduced. I think that they use little assimilation until the child has matured in the chamber then the complete the process.

the borg would assimilate a baby because it only takes months to get it to maturity in a maturation chamber and the borg do not reproduce technologically or otherwise they just assimilate and in dire cases they clone a life form aka if a cube needed more drones to assimilate a planet and no other cubes were trans warp range & they felt that it was more profitable to gather the resources of the species and the species to be assimilated had a means of escape (man thats a lot of ands)

:) i think that the borg assimilate as much as they can it doesnt matter if it is a baby an infant or an adult, if it did matter why have maturation chambers? Secondly i think that there is a point when the baby is too young to be assimilated.. i do not believe that a baby could be assimilated until the 3rd trimester. Otherwise wouldnt assimilation kill the fetus?

Would the borg haft to do a C section just to get the fetus out because I dont think the what ever is by the lower part of the body can be removed.

you do that...

PS: if a moderater read this they would delete our posts :huh:

:vbg:

:huh:

:biggrin:

WELL I AM JUST QUOTING, ITS NOT MY WORDS!

TransporterMalfunction: Your offending posts have now been deleted. It does not matter where quotations originate, in the end it is you who are posting them and breaking the rules.

The rules of this forum can be found here:

http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?act=SR&f=6

Please read them.

aah maybe they will only delete the entire topic :biggrin:

The baby looked very small, I figured it was still within the mother when assimilated, thus it's small size.  With the advanced technology of the Borg, all they'd need are nano-probes to stabilize the infant for assimilation, then placing it in a maturation chamber.

Hey, a Terminator didn't care about it's victim's comfort, yet it still carried detailed files on our anatomy. So the baby didn't have a blanket and teddy bear. It's Borg overseers would still provide what it needed to live.

Due to complaints this thread is taking a break... tune in again next week, same borg time same borg channel!

:biggrin: