Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Favorite DS9 2 or 3 Part Episode - Complete list

Favorite DS9 2 or 3 Part Episode?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite DS9 2 or 3 Part Episode?

• Emissary (Season 1)
    • The Homecoming / The Circle / The Siege (Season 2)
    • The Maquis (Season 2)
    • The Search (Season 3)
    • Past Tense (Season 3)
    • The Way of the Warrior (Season 4)
    • Homefront / Paradise Lost (Season 4)
    • In Purgatory's Shadow / By Inferno's Light (Season 5)
    • Favor The Bold / Sacrifice of Angels (Season 6)
    • What You Leave Behind (Season 7)
    • Improbable Cause / The Die Is Cast (Season 3)

Since the question has been asked about favorite "2 part episodes" of DS9 I thought that it would only be fair that everyone should be able to choose from the complete list of "2 and 3 part episodes".

The way STARTREKFANS.NET defines a 2 or 3 part episode is if there is one story broken into 2 or 3 episodes. A good way to judge this is if when episode 1 ends the words "To Be Continued" are printed on the screen. This indicates that this story is not completed and will be completed in the following episode.

I will also include the only "3 part episode" that I am aware of in all of Star Trek. (If there is another 3 part episode please let me know).

Emissary could actually be left off this list because it was not made as a 2 part episode. There is no "To Be Continued" in it and the credits only roll at the beginning of what is considered to be "Part I" and then the closing credits roll at the end of what is called "Part II". Ir plays as one complete, 2 hour episode though. BUt since it is listed for TV as Part I and Part II, I will include it here as a 2 part episode.

Favorite DS9 Episode

-------------------------

"What You Leave Behind" I-II

In the Sisko Storyline it ties into the Emissary part that happened 7 years earlier with the Dukat-Sisko Rivalry("you Know what i mean")

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

Mine is In Purgatory's Shadow/By Inferno's Light, it's a great episode for several characters. Worf, Garak, Bashir and Martok Tain's role in this one was pretty small but important. This was a great 2 part episode.

Mine is In Purgatory's Shadow/By Inferno's Light, it's a great episode for several characters. Worf, Garak, Bashir and Martok Tain's role in this one was pretty small but important. This was a great 2 part episode.

I agree with you VBG. By far my favorite, and I think of the six seasons I've seen so far, the best!

I love Sacrifice of Angels. It is one of my favour eps of DS9. The battle scenes are great and I like the fact that the Federation finally defeats the Dominion. The race against the clock gives the episode an added edge. Alaimo also puts in a strong performance as Dukat.

All good episodes..I particularly like 'In Purgatory's Shadow/By Inferno's Light' and 'The Way of the Warrior'...I guess I'll have to cast my vote for PS/IL..

In Purgatory's Shadow/By Inferno's Light

These two episodes just beat out Improbable Cause/Die is Cast because it convinced me that DS9 was definatly the best series.

I voted The Maquis, this is my favorit DS9

;)

Since the question has been asked about favorite "2 part episodes" of DS9 I thought that it would only be fair that everyone should be able to choose from the complete list of "2  and 3 part episodes".

The way STARTREKFANS.NET defines a 2 or 3 part episode is if there is one story broken into 2 or 3 episodes. A good way to judge this is if when episode 1 ends the words "To Be Continued" are printed on the screen. This indicates that this story is not completed and will be completed in the following episode.

I will also include the only "3 part episode" that I am aware of in all of Star Trek. (If there is another 3 part episode please let me know).

Emissary could actually be left off this list because it was not made as a 2 part episode. There is no "To Be Continued" in it and the credits only roll at the beginning of what is considered to be "Part I" and then the closing credits roll at the end of what is called "Part II". Ir plays as one complete, 2 hour episode though. BUt since it is listed for TV as Part I and Part II, I will include it here as a 2 part episode.

VBG,

You forgot one of the best 2 parters in all of trek. Improbable Cause (Best dialouge episode) and The Die is Cast. (First big screen TV big battle)

How could you. :) ;)

Since the question has been asked about favorite "2 part episodes" of DS9 I thought that it would only be fair that everyone should be able to choose from the complete list of "2  and 3 part episodes".

VBG,

You forgot one of the best 2 parters in all of trek. Improbable Cause (Best dialouge episode) and The Die is Cast. (First big screen TV big battle)

How could you. :martok::b-day:

That was just an oversight on my part. I thought I had added it but I see I didn't. So I will add it now at the bottom of the list.

PS/IL by far the best. This one has so many things going for it.

1. The emergence of Bashir is something more than just the sappy, romantically inept doctor.

2. The beginning of Garak's evolution as a character that ends up throwing off Dominion rule on Cardassia at the end of the series.

3. The appearance of the real Martok and the beginning of Worf's relationship with him.

4. And, of course, the reaffirmation of Worf's badass status.

Awesome two-parter. Big screen movie quality, one might say.

PS/IL by far the best.  This one has so many things going for it.

1.  The emergence of Bashir is something more than just the sappy, romantically inept doctor.

2.  The beginning of Garak's evolution as a character that ends up throwing off Dominion rule on Cardassia at the end of the series.

3.  The appearance of the real Martok and the beginning of Worf's relationship with him.

4.  And, of course, the reaffirmation of Worf's badass status.

Awesome two-parter.  Big screen movie quality, one might say.

I thought the same thing, this episode could easily have been adapted for a theatrical release if they had wished to. It had everything you could want in a great movie.

"In Purgatory's Shadow" & "By Inferno's Light"

Man, Those Were Awsome. Season 5 Was Also My Favorite Season.

When They Found Martok, Tain & BASHIR :o In That Prison Camp...I'm Glad I Wasn't Trying To Eat Or Drink Anything At The Time, lol

Honorable Mentions VBG

"A Time To Stand" & "Rocks And Shoals"

"Favor The Bold" & "Sacrifice Of Angels"

And Weren't "Image In The Sand" & "Shadows And Symbols" Connected?

Not To Mention Almost All The Last Half Of Season 7, :laugh:

The entire second half of Season Seven is one big story arc spamming ten episodes. I think that should say a lot about this series with its continuing Dominion/UFP war as a backstory starting in season four finale and Sisko's well deserved promotion in The Adversary in season three.

This is one of the reasons why it is my favorite Trek series. It had the heart of a poet and spirit of a warrior.

DS9 rules! <_<

Edited by digifan

What You Leave Behind. I do not think I have seen PS/IL. I will not know some of DS9 until I (over time) get the season sets. I currently have Season 4, because I love The Visitor.

Edited by mjham