Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Reset Episodes - What do you think of them?

What do you think of time-travel related episodes with a reset ending? Below is a list of all episodes with a reset ending.

Time and Again

("Before and After" is not a reset episode, becuase Kes remembers her journey into the past.)

Year of He**, Parts I & II

Timeless

(I don't consider "Shattered" to be a reset episode since Chakotay remembers the whole experience.)

So, taking this into acount, VOY only had 3 "reset" episodes. It's amazing how people complain about VOY having lots of reset episodes. :huh:

What are your thoughts?

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

I enjoyed all the episodes you mentioned, and I also enjoyed "Twilight" very much (which is an Enterprise episode and I probably shouldn't mention it here but I thought it was a very good episode).

I also think they shouldn't do too many of these types of episodes because they could confuse the heck out of people like me trying to remember what really did happen and what didn't. :martok: But as long as they are well-done, like the ones you mentioned, I enjoy them immensely.

I enjoyed all the episodes you mentioned, and I also enjoyed "Twilight" very much (which is an Enterprise episode and I probably shouldn't mention it here but I thought it was a very good episode). 

I also think they shouldn't do too many of these types of episodes because they could confuse the heck out of people like me trying to remember what really did happen and what didn't.  :clap:  But as long as they are well-done, like the ones you mentioned, I enjoy them immensely.

I loved "Twilight" too and think it's the "Year of He**" of ENT. :martok:

As for not doing too many "reset" episodes, I agree. I think 3 or 4 throughout the series run is plenty. :b-day:

I really enjoyed timeless. Harry was cool. I almost cried with joy when he sent the message and the ship blew up. Time and Time again was cool also. Still don't know why Kes still had that dream after they did it all. Then i could also get into how it would have happen, and Janeway wouldn't have stopped it, because it would have happened, and I could go on about paradoxes, but yeah...very. Very well thought out, didn't like the YOH as much as everyone else though, but still a good episode. I mean, there's really no such thing as a bad star trek episode. :garak: