Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Voyagers First Captain

Have you all seen the special features on the Voyagers Season 1 DVDs yet? They show clips of Voyagers first Captain. I guess she was only with the show for a day and a half..We can all thank our lucky stars that they gave the job to Kate Mulgrew..Just my opinion of course..They showed scenes from Caretaker with the first Captain..And I didn't like it at all...

I have only seen pictures of the "other Janeway" and I somehow came to like Kate Mulgrew more after seeing those pictures :huh: ;)

Mrs. Captain Picard

I have only seen pictures of the "other Janeway" and I somehow came to like Kate Mulgrew more after seeing those pictures  :laugh:  :laugh:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Yes, I'm amazed that they picked this other acrtress over Kate to begin with. Another thing that they showed in the special features was Janeway with shoulder lengthed hair! The studio didn't like the look of it so that's how the 'Janeway Bun' came about..However, it forced them to reshoot a lot of footage in the first episode..

I've got the set, but I haven't seen it yet,...I did hear years

ago that they started taping with Genevieve Bujold and she quit

because of the work involved in making a series....but who knows

what happened.

Kate rules as Janeway :laugh:

Edited by v_seven

Genvieve Bujold was the first captain. She left because she felt that she couldn't bring the part a strength she felt was needed she was there for a couple days max.

Kate Mulgrew Was the best woman for that part! She had strength and integrity.

The first Janeway was too old. She also looked very feminie, but Janeway isn't, do I don't think it would be a choice to have the old Janeway.