Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

Star Trek Mannerisms

Hey, do any of you find yourselves mimicing those mannerisms from ST: TNG??

Personally, I find myself straightening my shirt like Picard and moving my head like data does once and awhile.

Any other victims out there??

Yes, I drink at least one cup of Earl Grey tea a day, I am straightening my shirt when I stand up and I have gotten used to raise my eyebrow and say "Fascinating". :huh:

It seems like I'm watching too much Star Trek. ;)

Mrs. Captain Picard

I think it was on the special features that Wil Wheaton told the story that when he got the ensign uniform he had pulled the shirt down and someone later told him he couldn't do it like that anymore. That he would have to pull it down differently because he had used the Picard maneuver. I have done the Picard maneuver many times myself. I am actually really surprised I have never told someone to "make it so" yet. LOL

I've been told I smirk just like Riker. blah.gif I've also mastered the Picard maneuver. :huh:

Oh, here's another one. When somebody knocks on the bedroom door I'll catch myself saying "come". I remember I used to say come in. :huh:

I've noticed I use the term, " Make it so" and catch myself walking around like Deanna Troi.

I forgot this one, everytime one of my lizards runs up to me with a bug in it's mouth I tell it to " Put it on the Screen"

:oops:

Hmm, once, when I saw on the caller ID that the caller was "Unavailable" (telemarketers-bah!) I answered with: "Engineering, this is LaForge." They hung right up! :huh:

Oh, yes! I too do the "Picard manuever." I used to be a very abstract thinker, but lately I've become less abstract and more...logical. I also have more control over my emotions than I used to. I also do thing live long and prosper thing. I never ever wear red when I go out, but I make sure that I have a lot of people wearing red with me.

I do imitate many behaviors of the crew in all of the series. I feel it makes me more of a trekkie.

Hey I just remembered some more!!

When someone knocks on my door I say "Come" or "Enter"

sometimes I say Make it so but only rarely but I do say "Report" alot

I think I have become more logical in thinking too, jeez I've been influenced too much!!

Lol

Lets see.....

I do : Raise my eyebrow like a Vulcan alot

say ::enter,or come:: and ::make it so::

And when i am determined when walking i leave neck first out of a room like Riker

I also am in search for the perfect joke Like data

Well, I straighten my shirt just like Picard sometimes, and I have caught myself walking like Riker with my head slightly to one side.. Oh, I almost forgot, I raise my eyebrow occasionally ;)

I read this board and LOL!!!... i didnt know that Riker walks with his head to the side... i do that already ive had comments when reading things infront of people that i turn my head slightly to one side wow.. i sometimes pull down my shirt...and yea i say come or enter.. ive started drinking earl grey tea.. and ive noticed myself saying engage more than i used to

Well, here is what I can think about right now:

I sometimes walk like a Borg! :garak:

Sometimes I also "assimilate" people at work!

And I do sometimes say: "Resistance is futile." !

PS.: The people at work do laugh about me acting as a Borg...

:wow:

Edited by 3 of 7

I love to say "make it so"

and miles - o - brians, yes sir ( i mean like in his voice)

and ever since i saw TNG i have a tendency not to use contractions IE: I would say i will = I'll or i am =I'm stuff like that (this is a data thing)

Lets see,

When someone asks me what they should do I say "Make it so" Also, I say "oh great, shields up" and "That sir is illogical". Sometimes I tap on my communacator and say "Mr. O'Brian, 1 to beam up". Also, I argue with my 7th grade science teach about the theory of antimatter and warp as well as watching the continuing advances of molecular transport. In fact, I heard that they have built an experimental unit. I heard that when they tried to transport objects across a room it wouldn't work but it is an advance. Also, I am always brushing up on my Star Trek: TNG knolege. :laugh:

Ok, I recently conducted a psychology survey on logic. :laugh:

Also, when someone knocks on my bedroom door I say enter. I raise my eyebrow like a vulcan too.

I have to remember to use contractions in my writing. :clap:

Edited by Odie

I often find myself raising my left eyebrow and I also have to constantly remind myself to use contractions in my writing!

I do not think of myself as a victim. But yes... yes. I have mastered every single Data (and Lore) mannerism, such as Lore's smile, Data's walk, his voice, and the style of his speech.

I started raising three kittens (one of which has orange fur and is called by the name Spot) because of Star Trek (because of Data, to be precise). The same goes for my decision to learn to play the violin.

I have also picked up several Picard mannerisms, such as his habit of tugging on his shirt, and his obsession for Earl Grey tea.

Other mannerisms I have adopted: Janeway's coffee addiction, arching eyebrows like a Vulcan, performing the Vulcan salute, the style of Vulcans' speech ("That is illogical.").

Edited by Tech