Sign in to follow this  
Falcon Redwing

[S] post-VOY status of the Borg?

One mystery that has been yelling in the back of my head since Voyager ended is what happened to the Borg after Voyager blew up the Transwarp network and Unimatrix One. Was the entire collective destroyed? Is it in utter chaos? Is it crippled beyond recovery? I really want to know what you think.

Apparently, Resistance isn't futile after all.

We need another Borg movie to find out!!! :bow:

My instinct tells me the Borg collective survived. St.com said that the Borg Queen primarily resided at Unimatrix One but just that fact that the Unimatrix was number could mean that there are others. With the transwarp conduit I doubt the whole network was destroyed. It might just take them longer to get to the Alpha Quadrant than it did before.

For now they are crippled, but I suspect a movie that will have a large scale borg invasion on the alpha quadrant with Voyager, The Enterprise, The Titan, and a new Defiant ship to stop them hehe.

Yes, Picard killed the Borg Queen.

However, the Queen resides within the collective in the Delta Quadrant. My theory is that she can have a body constructed anywhere, anytime, or be in multiple places. I say the Queen in ST:FC was just one of these multiple Queen bodies and when she went to the past in the sphere, that Queen was cut off, in effect, becoming an indepedant Queen.

Did this confuse you? :bow:

In my opinion the confilict between Voyager and the Borg was was of the most exciting dramas of the Voyager series. I don't know how to answer your question. But resolving this mystery in a new movie I think could certaily bring many fans back to their local theaters. :wow:

Did this confuse you?  :wow:

Wow. Just.... wow.

I agree with you guys. I think the collective did survive. I mean wherever there is Star Trek, theres the Borg.

Another new ananswered question has been in my head: What did Starfleet decide to do with that sweet armor and those awesome torpedoes (it only took one to blow up a cube. YAY!) that Admiral Janeway brought back from the future? The mysteries go on........

For now they are crippled, but I suspect a movie that will have a large scale borg invasion on the alpha quadrant with Voyager, The Enterprise, The Titan, and a new Defiant ship to stop them hehe.

I agree totally, that's the best possible idea for a movie.(mixed cast) The borg have always managed to get a new borg queen, I don't think the borg are quite done with yet. :wow:

Some have suggested that a Temporal Prime Directive was in force so the Federation did not use the new technology brought back. You have to know that there is probably some Admiral there that wil totally ignore that and is trying to figure out a way to use it.

I suspect the Borg will recover, but return more dangerous than ever! Remember, they assimilated Janeway's shuttle! :angry: At least they didn't get the Doc's moble emitter... :)

I'd like to see a movie bringing the Borg back, but evolved, for an all out invasion! This would be the perfect way for TNG to take a bow and VOY to step up for the movies.

For those DS9 fans... I allways thought if DS9 were to get some "additional stories", that they'd work best as a mini-series instead of a few theatrical movies. :angry:

I suspect the Borg will recover, but return more dangerous than ever!  Remember, they assimilated Janeway's shuttle! :( At least they didn't get the Doc's moble emitter... :)

I'd like to see a movie bringing the Borg back, but evolved, for an all out invasion!  This would be the perfect way for TNG to take a bow and VOY to step up for the movies.

For those DS9 fans...  I allways thought if DS9 were to get some "additional stories", that they'd work best as a mini-series instead of a few theatrical movies. :(

It would also be a good way to get TNG, VOY and DS9 together in a movie.

I think it would be so cool to see Voyager, the Enterprise-E and the Difiant all fighting a Borg ship, that would just be the best. :)

Stardate:213490.8

I think that they will be back.IMO the Alpha Quadrent is very lucky voyaer destroyed the Transwarp Hub.Cause since the borg assimilated that shuttle they have that technology and if they would of made it to the alpha quardrent with that nobody would of stood a chance :)

One mystery that has been yelling in the back of my head since Voyager ended is what happened to the Borg after Voyager blew up the Transwarp network and Unimatrix One. Was the entire collective destroyed? Is it in utter chaos? Is it crippled beyond recovery? I really want to know what you think.

Borg questions are answered in the Voy book ' Homecoming ' part 1 and 2..I believe, but could be wrong as I've yet to read pt 2.

Borg questions are answered in the Voy book ' Homecoming ' part 1 and 2..I believe, but could be wrong as I've yet to read pt 2.

Book two should be coming out soon...This week I think .

Problems with time travel.

Future Janeway saves Past Janeway. So future Janeway wouldn't exist to go back and save past Janeway :)

Also if I remember correctly, I thin seven said there were only 3 or 4 borg space hubs throughout the galaxy. Will have to watch episode again and find out.

Problems with time travel.

Future Janeway saves Past Janeway. So future Janeway wouldn't exist to go back and save past Janeway :)

Why is this a problem?

Timeline A: 2393, Voyager returns to Earth after 23 years in the Delta Qaudrant. 2403, Admiral Janeway decides to travel back in time to bring Voyage home early, saving many lives, namely Chakotay, Seven, and Tuvok.

Timeline B: 2377, Admiral Janeway's shuttle from 2403 exits a temporal rift. Future Janeway helps Voyager return to Earth 16 years early. Captain Janeway of 2377 succeeds in returning to Earth while Admiral Janeway of 2403 succeeds in plunging the Borg Collective into chaos.

See, once Admiral Janeway exits 2403 and becomes a component of 2377, the changes of the future no longer effect her. Therefore, Captain Janeway wouldn't have to go back in time years later, becuase when 2403 comes arround a second time, history will be recorded that Voyager got home early thanks to an Admiral Janeway from a previous timeline.

Any questions? :(

Also if I remember correctly, I thin seven said there were only 3 or 4 borg space hubs throughout the galaxy. Will have to watch episode again and find out.

There were only six hubs in the known galaxy. :laugh:

The Borg retired to Hawaiia and set up a beach club called The Mambo Collective.

LOL.

Can I join? ehehe