Sign in to follow this  
RikerChick

Do you like to dance?

Just thinking about this because I've been taking belly dancing lessons and Robert and I are thinking of taking latin and swing lessons too. So do you like to dance and if so what kind of dancing? dan.gif

Wow belly danceing cool :wow:

I like to go to all night raves where i dance all night for about

9 hrs...i also like to slow dance :wow:

As being a part of our civic group in my home town i was in the.

Nutcracker 9 years (insert joke here )

love to dance

I can't dance, and I don't think I ever want to learn it. It's just... nothing I would like to learn. :dude:

Mrs. Captain Picard

A man that can dance (ballroom dance) is so sexy.

As for ballet, I wanted so bad when I was little to take ballet but never got the chance. I am so glad my little niece just started - she absolulutely loves it.

In college I managed to squeeze in courses in ballroom, latin ballroom, folk, square, modern, and adult beginner's ballet.

Now I just collect Ballet barbies.

I only dance when required. if I can avoid it, I will. However, the ladies to seem to enjoy dancing with a man in US Marine Corps Dress Blues...

Oh quit bragging. you know as well as I do Marines can't dance HALF as well as Sailors. and us officers got a killer Summer Dress Uniform to boot.

Dancing is so much fun. It's too bad I suck at it.

But at our school we had a Polka contest. It was fun. Lol.

I like dancing...behind a closed door so no one can see me.

Dittos! B) I like to dance when no one is home but me. My friend does the Irish step dancing, (like Riverdance) and tried to teach me but I only made her laugh. :dude:

If I'm sober and around other people I never dance, If I'm alone or *tipsy* then I can *dance* somewhat. Then there's the neener neener dance that I think everyone does when they prove someone wrong or win a bet. :dude:

We danced for P.E. but I cant do the poka at all I crush my partners foot way to much. But I can do the Waltz, fox trot, swing, some pop dances, and my very own shower dance.

Let's see if I can sum this up in a word:...

NO!

:dude:

I'm just not the (any kind of) dancing type. I'm sure I'll have to at some point, but my future wife may have to take me kicking and screaming. B) (Ya never know; I may actually be good. lol)

I kinda like to dance, but I really prefer watching my daughter dance. :dude:

I dance a lot!I have been doing classical,jazz and modern ballet now for 10 years and i always dance at home and all.Im also workong on pointers.Those shoes where u can stand on the npoint of your toes with :dude:

As being a part of our civic group  in my home town i was in the.

Nutcracker 9 years  (insert joke here )

oh, no...no need to insert a joke about that. B)

I was in my city's production of the Nutcracker in 1999. I was the soloist Russian(I love that piece of music!!!!! "Trepak" :eek: :lol: B)) OK, OK I like ALL the music from that ballet. But, mainly I got to showcase my skills as a gymnast (just retired last year, after a 20 year career). Plus except for the parents, and the people portraying Drosselmeyer, Mother Gigone, Cavalier, Sugar Plum and Dew Drop Fairy.......I was the only other adult, at age 19, in the cast(the two others in Russian with me were a little under half my age)

I also like ballet (took advanced classes in 2000, and after only 5 months I was almost en pointe), and jazz.

Plus, when I was little I learned a lot of the Norwegian traditional dances :dude: , as well as dances from my other ancestral countries. personal favorite the Rhinelander (I have always said it..never wrote it, so I am not sure if this is how it is spelled).

A classmate who was an exchange student from Egypt taught a few of us basic belly dancing moves (though my little sister was better at it than me, LOL)

Of course in gymnastics, a floor excercise routine requires you to dance. And I always choreographed my own routines(well, when I was in optionals or performing in an exhibition anyway)

ok, ok, ok.....long story short, I do like to dance.

I like the dancing. The floor does not. It does however like me. I end up on it more times than not!

Guest Mike_Hines01

No, I don't like dancing. mostly because I don't know how to, and I don't think I'd want to learn either.

I like dancing but i'm not very good at it. There were some women from a local belly dancing class doing a show in my town centre a few months back it looked like alot of fun. :huh:

i lu-huv (!!!) dancing - colour me (insert here), but house music (new for disco) all the way - there's nothing like dancing 'til the sun comes up, and lookie lookie, here comes summer, too ... ahhh ...

Riker chick:

I too love belly dancing! I was a professional belly dancer some 15-20 years ago.

The interest in belly dancing sort of waned when the first gulf war broke out, and of course after Sept 11, the Arabs are now our biggest enemy, taking the place the Russians held during the Cold War.

And that is a damn shame, because not all Arabs are bad. I have many friends that are Arab, and my ex-husband (who died last year) was from Yemen. He was a good man, and cried along with us on Sept 11.

But back to dancing!

Dancing is a wonderful way to release excess tension and helps make you feel good about yourself. You don't have to be good at it, or even a professional, if it comes from your heart and soul, you've got it right.

In case you're interested, here is a page on Belly Dancing that I started, but never finished. Actually, I never got farther than sticking a couple of pictures of me on it. But at least you can see what I looked like 10 years ago.

http://hometown.aol.com/ruthsmoondance/Ldy...sternDance.html

There is a link to Selket's belly dance page, which has a lot of great material. The Selket bio page (on Egyptian goddess Selket) is my page, and dancer Selket provided a link to it. (LadyMoondancer is my other screen name).

Edited by PrincessAnanka