Resistance is Futile?

Should the Borg be on Enterprise?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Borg be on Enterprise?

• Yes, by all means!
    • No! It's a gimmick!
    • Yes, but only if written properly.
    • Borg? He plays Tennis right?

This question has been asked many times since it was announced the Borg would show up on Enterprise, so I ask it again. I vote Yes, but only if written properly (Which I think it'll be done right).

Only if written properly...I think it could work, but it would probably be a very thought-provoking episode (or at least hard to forget. The ones where the crew doesn't remember anything always leaves me a little disturbed. for example Course: Oblivion in Voyager...Couldb't stop thinking about that for a week)

I would say yes only if was written well.

I hate to say this, but . . . .

how many ENT episodes were written well?

In my humble opinion not that many

Again I hate to say that, but right now it does not feel like ENT is pointing in the right direction (and truthfully it does not feel like they have a direct direction). But they are doing it so I hope that it actually is good and the Borg are used good.

If ENT was doing better and I liked it more, then I probably would be more accepting to this, but like I said I don’t think it is going in the right direction . . . . so now is not the time to have the Borg in ENT. Maybe they could use them for the future, but not now

But time will tell if the episode is good or not

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I voted yes,if written properly.I've enjoyed most all of the Enterprise episodes and they seem to get better with each new one.It will not mess with any of the continuity since it was Picard and crew that are responsible for leaving the Borg remnants on Earth about 100 years before Archer's time.

I am very excited about seeing the Borg on Enterprise. I am just curious as to how Enterprise will deal with the problem, as Starfleet has trouble dealing with them in the 24th century.

Guest Ktrek

I voted Yes if it's done properly. I for one, like the Borg. I just wish they would be more manacing like when they were first intoduced. I want more danger and story telling risk! :wow:

Ktrek

I had read on a thread somewhere today a good idea to bring back the danger factor for the Borg but I've forgotten where, if I come across it again I'll add it here.

YES by all means, from everything I have read about this episode, it has been well written.

i voted no. after all in picards time the borg were next to impossible to defeat. so how on earth or any other planet are the crew of ENTERPRISE gonna deal with them. i think their just trying to bring in more familiarity. instead they need to go their own course. but alas i shall watch the episode like all others.

I think the only chance of Enterprise being saved is if they have Borg, but they should do it cautiously and a mysterious foe. If they make it too abundant then people would just think they are stealing ideas from Voyager :laugh:

I think the only chance of Enterprise being saved is if they have Borg, but they should do it cautiously and a mysterious foe. If they make it too abundant then people would just think they are stealing ideas from Voyager :laugh:

I can understand your point, but I really don't think that ENT really needs "saving" the series is progressing nicely in my opinion. But again I agree with your point that they need to make sure that the episode is written properly, so as to make sure it will not be redundant.

K, so this is where we go looking for dsbs's brain. I mean it OBVIOUSLY shouldn't be in the Enterprise board if its aobut Enterprise. What were you people thinking putting a thread about enterprise into the enterprise boards? Honestly.

I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking, or if I was at all...

No way! wouldnt that stuff up the timeline a bit anyways?... maybe its just best to leave them out of it - no questions asked :cool:

I SAW THE EPISODE WITH THE BORG AND THEY DID A GOOD JOB ON WRITING THIS STORY. :)

B)

:bow:

Well, the show was out a while ago and I say it was written properly, so I guess what most of us wanted came true!

Yes, if it's well written...

And mostly, believable.. I mean, when Q "presented" the borg to the Entreprise-D Crew, they didn'T know of them...

How can you explain them in the past?