Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "Azati Prime"?

What rating would you give "Azati Prime" out of 10?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Azati Prime" out of 10?

Sorry, but I still think it's a 2-episode arc, not a two-parter. The title does matter. If it's a two-parter, why do the episodes have different names? :huh:

Anywho, back on topic:

Click for Spoiler:

What did you guys think of the damage the NX-01 takes at the end of the episode? ;)

Sorry, but I still think it's a 2-episode arc, not a two-parter.  The title does matter.  If it's a two-parter, why do the episodes have different names? :huh:

Anywho, back on topic:

Click for Spoiler:

What did you guys think of the damage the NX-01 takes at the end of the episode? ;)

Key words in this. "I think". That's your opinion. I'd be willing to bet that if you go to Joe Schmo on the street and show him an episode that ends with "To Be Continued" and asked him if that means it's an Arc or a 2 Parter he will say 2 parter. He won't care what the title is, he will just say "2 parter".

Also going back to your theory of what a 2 parter is...

A two-part episode would be one episode aired as a two-hour event or aired a week apart.

and you also say that it must have Part I and Part II in the title...

I suppose that Basics Part I and II, Scorpion Part I and II, Equinox Part I and II, and Unimatrix Zero Part I and II aren't 2 parters because they don't fit your standard?

How about The Best of Both Worlds Part I and II, Time's Arrow Part I and II, Redemption Part I and II and Descent Part I and II? They don't fit your standard either. None of those episodes were on the same night and none of them were 1 week apart. None of them were even in the same season.

Keep in mind that just because "your book" says something, not everyone elses "book" says the same thing.

For instance, in my book a 2 parter is 1 story broken into 2 episodes.

Sorry, but I still think it's a 2-episode arc, not a two-parter.  The title does matter.  If it's a two-parter, why do the episodes have different names? :huh:

Anywho, back on topic:

Click for Spoiler:

What did you guys think of the damage the NX-01 takes at the end of the episode? :(

Key words in this. "I think". That's your opinion. I'd be willing to bet that if you go to Joe Schmo on the street and show him an episode that ends with "To Be Continued" and asked him if that means it's an Arc or a 2 Parter he will say 2 parter. He won't care what the title is, he will just say "2 parter".

Chances are, Joe Schmo does not watch much TV, thus doesn't keep up with story arcs, so of coarse he's going to call it a 2-parter. ;)

Also going back to your theory of what a 2 parter is...

A two-part episode would be one episode aired as a two-hour event or aired a week apart.

and you also say that it must have Part I and Part II in the title...

I suppose that Basics Part I and II, Scorpion Part I and II, Equinox Part I and II, and Unimatrix Zero Part I and II aren't 2 parters because they don't fit your standard?

How about The Best of Both Worlds Part I and II, Time's Arrow Part I and II, Redemption Part I and II and Descent Part I and II? They don't fit your standard either. None of those episodes were on the same night and none of them were 1 week apart. None of them were even in the same season.

You're taking my post fare too literally. You're just trying to prove that you are right any way you can.

Keep in mind that just because "your book" says something, not everyone elses "book" says the same thing.

Ditto.

For instance, in my book a 2 parter is 1 story broken into 2 episodes.

In my book, "1 story broken into 2 episodes" is a story spanning 2 episodes, unless both episodes have the same title, at which time it becomes a 2-parter or one, long episode.

Chances are, Joe Schmo does not watch much TV, thus doesn't keep up with story arcs, so of coarse he's going to call it a 2-parter. :huh:

You're taking my post fare too literally.  You're just trying to prove that you are right any way you can.

Well, we could do as we have done in the past and ask the world what they think.

I'm not trying to prove I'm right, I already know I'm right. I'm right for me. I am just trying to make you understand that just because YOU think something doesn't mean EVERYONE else must also.

As for that Joe Schmo, I'll replace Joe with my brother who is a screen writer. It is his professional opinion that a 2 parter does not have to have the same title for both parts and it is his professional opinion that a 2 parter is 1 storyline that is shown over 2 episodes.

Chances are, Joe Schmo does not watch much TV, thus doesn't keep up with story arcs, so of coarse he's going to call it a 2-parter. :(

You're taking my post fare too literally.  You're just trying to prove that you are right any way you can.

Well, we could do as we have done in the past and ask the world what they think.

OOoo, an idea! Why don't we do a poll in Ten-Forward and see what members consider a two-parter to be? :(

I'm not trying to prove I'm right, I already know I'm right.

Oh gosh... :huh:

I'm right for me.

Whew, I see where you're going! ;)

I am just trying to make you understand that just because YOU think something doesn't mean EVERYONE else must also.

I never said they should.

As for that Joe Schmo, I'll replace Joe with my brother who is a screen writer. It is his professional opinion that a 2 parter does not have to have the same title for both parts and it is his professional opinion that a 2 parter is 1 storyline that is shown over 2 episodes.

Fascinating. Would you be kind enough to ask him why moderm two-parters have different names?

Fascinating. Would you be kind enough to ask him why moderm two-parters have different names?

He said it's a creative choice as to what to name the episodes. In many cases it is the producers that make the names up and not the writers. The writers write a 2 parter and the producer names it 2 different names. It doesn't change the fact that the writer wrote a 2 parter though.

An arc would be 2 Episodes (or more) that head in the same direction following an underlying theme but have different stories. When the episodes are ended the stories make a complete arc leading from point A to B to C to D or however many parts there are. The in between stuff (stories) may be almost completely unrelated yet still follow the Arc. Whereas a 2 parter is the same story from beginning to end.

Sisko and Odo go to Earth to investigate an explosion at Starfleet Headquarters caused by a Founder. An evil Admiral tries to take over the planet and depose the President establishing a military rule. That story takes place over the course of 2 episodes. It begins in episode 1 and ends in episode 2. The story doesn't stray or wander off in different directions it is one compact, complete story. That is a 2 parter. That is Homefront/Paradise Lost.

Stardate:214180.7

I'm gonna throw my two cents in since i started this little debate.In my opinion if it say "to be contiuned..." or there are the words "Part I" and "Part 2" in the titles it is a two parter.Otherwise they are idividual episdoes.But thats just my opinion.

What did you guys think of the damage the NX-01 takes at the end of the episode? 

Unless another ship comes by and helps them or they somehow make it back to earth for repairs I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the NX-01 is finished.The damage is far too extensive for them to contiune much longer.But I could be wrong.

the ending is great, although i think i know what will happen.

although with all the talk of cancelation - maybe ENT will finish like no series....?

Whoa, this episode was awesome! 10! You know, I think I am changing my mind about Enterprise. I have put it down in the past, but this episode might have changed my mind.

After seeing it for a second time. I would like to change my vote from a 8.5 to a 10. I was busy cleaning house and missed much of the plot the first time I watched. Too bad Porthos didn't let out a small bark or give Phlox a puppy kiss would of made it a 10.75 in my books. Crystal

OFF THE CHART. I was sobbing watching Enterprise getting blown apart. :garak:

I consider myself very conservative with my rating, and I give it a 9. Overall Azati Prime is probably one of the best episodes of the season (right up there with Similitude, Exile, and Twilight).

Click for Spoiler:

The thing that really gets me is the Xindi and the way they respond to one another. I can already see the breaking of the Xindi on the lines of Arboreals and Humanoids against Insectoids and Reptilians. the action was good at the end, but seemed second hand after Twilight (heck they blew the ship up that time), but it is good none the less, especially when the crewmen flew out. Seeing the bridge blown to pieces and the crew fighting for their lives hit a good cord with me. I love seeing Traivs getting screen time too, 'bout frekin time. I love the revalations near the end about what the Reptillians where doing behind the council's back and "she" (I had flashbacks to Two Towers), and the Enterprise-J and Daniels creates an off-hand but nice continuity with the rest of Trek.

Click for Spoiler:

That said, I didn't like T'Pol's emotional weakening that well, it was predictable that Archer wasn't going to die, and they didn't have to destroy the observation station on the other side of the moon. They could have just beamed down with Hayes and the MACOs taken the Xindi hostage and continued operations from there. Heck they had Hoshi's transalation junk they could have moniterred all Xindi comm. channels in that area.

But nothing, I got on a rant about a simple thing. It is not enough to begin to take this episode down. As I said before a 9 for one of the best of Season III

Azati Prime was one of the best "Star Trek: Enterprise" episodes I have seen.

Azati Prime, the planet, itself was cool. The Xindi are always cool, especially the time-travel!! The Enterprise-J was a very good ship. I wonder what the death-count on Enterprise will be....

Click for Spoiler:

desert7.jpg

tzintro1-1.giftzintro1-2.giftzintro2.giftzintro3.gif

:o :elephant::garak::wow:

doctorwho42avenger@hotmail.com

Doctor Who official website

Doctor Who: The Best Links

USS Aurora NX-19 of the year 2154 AD

The Adventures of drwho42 continues....

320x240.jpg

announce.jpg

'And Now For Something Completely Different....'-Announcer

Monty Python's Flying Circus

aurora.jpg

Stardate:214186.1

I wish people would quit complaining about T'pol's emotional behavior. I can guarrentee you that there is a perfectly logical explamanation for why she is acting this way.Just be patient and in due time all will be explained

I liked it and gave it a 7(which is high for me).

Click for Spoiler:

I liked the end battle and about every thing from when daniels shows up and after but before that I thought is was a little slow. I did like the future parts but it is really going to bug me to wait this long to see what happens next. Archer and the two xindi will make peace while rescueing the crew from prison and at the end they will get the consitution class enterprise 1701 I don't that will happen but it would be cool.

Click for Spoiler:

Archer and the two xindi will make peace while rescueing the crew from prison and at the end they will get the consitution class enterprise 1701 I don't that will happen but it would be cool.

Click for Spoiler:

I think Archer making peace with a few Xindi will be an ongoing plot, but as for Enterprise, I dont think she'll be destroyed until the season finale, and from the production reports I've read, it doesn't seem like the crew will end up in a Xindi prison, but I could be wrong. As for getting the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701, Constitution-class... There's a slight problem here:

1. The NCC-1701 is a Federation ship - the Federation won't be founded until 7 years after ENT season 3.

2. The registry numbers are like production numbers which means that there will be 1,699 Starfleet ships produced between Archer's NX-01 and Kirk's NCC-1701.

3. The NX-01 was launched in 2151 and ENT season 3 is now set in 2154. Kirk's NCC-1701 was launched in 2245, and seen in TOS from 2266-69.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

EDITED FOR FOUL LANGUAGE.......cant waite for them to can the show..........it has nothing to do with Star Trek........well it did take them THREE SEASONS to call it Star Trek : Enterprise......... :garak:

Edited by TransporterMalfunction

EDITED FOR FOUL LANGUAGE.......cant waite for them to can the show..........it has nothing to do with Star Trek........well it did take them THREE SEASONS to call it Star Trek : Enterprise......... :assimilated:

Nothing to do with Star Trek. It has two major angles to look at. One is the early years of Starfleet and 2 the fact that the entire future of Star Trek hangs in the balance with the crew of the NX-01.

And if that's all the reason you have then you could say the same thing about TNG in season one, saying that all of the TOS cast is gone. You could say the same thing about Voyager, too. It will become part of Trek, like everything else has, and all future show will.

Unless you have any other reasons?

Sign in to follow this