Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Azati Prime

Just finished watching Azati Prime, real good episode. I know everyone will enjoy it. I won't give any details of the episode but the main thing I don't like about it is...

...the way it ends and the fact that we have to wait 7 weeks to see the next episode. It baffles me completely how UPN could build things to such a level and then drop us off a cliff for 7 weeks right in the middle of the season. A season ending cliff hanger is one thing but doing a 7 week lay off (March 3 to April 21) is absurd!

Yeah, I totally agree.. I just finished watching it and I can't believe I have to wait 7 weeks to see what will happen!! :P´

Click for Spoiler:

O'well, 7 weeks is not so bad when you compare it to the 16-18 weeks break between seasons. Could have been much worse...

Sure it sucks to wait but it builds up interest and hype. Sucks for us, good for them, which in the end means more. ;) Oh yeah, great episode. It's all about the music hehe

Sure it sucks to wait but it builds up interest and hype. Sucks for us, good for them, which in the end means more. ;) Oh yeah, great episode. It's all about the music hehe

Is it good though? After 7 weeks the average TV Viewer will have forgotten about the anticipation of what's to happen next. Just seems like an odd time to take a 2 month break.

Is it good though? After 7 weeks the average TV Viewer will have forgotten about the anticipation of what's to happen next. Just seems like an odd time to take a 2 month break.

You see...this would be an excellent time for the marketing genius at Paramount to release the DVD box sets of season 1 and season 2 during the down time.

Hah!! That would be a logical business decision...but we can't make those in America can we?

7 weeks down time before sweeps is NOT a good thing. They are trying to delay momentum until the sweeps arrive. Some people will have lost interest in that time span except for the dedicated few. Arrrggh maties.....there be rough waters ahead.

Yeah, it's pretty strange. Why have a 2 month break and then show 6 more episodes and then have another break?

Well... ROSWELL went on a two-month hiatus after the episode 3-14 "Chant Down Babylon" without re-runs to test new, crappy comedies. When the show returned, the episodes got high figures, but alas, the show was allready cancelled. The last four episodes were very good though!

While I think it's a bad idea to go on re-run hiatus for 7 weeks after a cliffhanger, I don't think the re-run hiatus itself is a bad idea. They should have done it before "Azati Prime" or after the next episode, "Damage".

Yeah it sucks we have to wait 7 weeks. But I have to say this episode was certainly one of the most thrilling episodes so far that left me on the edge of my seat.

Yeah it sucks we have to wait 7 weeks. But I have to say this episode was certainly one of the most thrilling episodes so far that left me on the edge of my seat.

I totally agree with you, I haven't been this excited since Best of Both Worlds.

The ending is what's got me a little off kilter on this episode.

Click for Spoiler:

I'm afraid they will do some kind of reset and poof no damage no crewmen lost out into space.

Though this could be a place for TPTB to have a ceremony or something for Crewman Cutler as having been one of the people lost in the battle.

Had it not been for that final scene and the feeling that we've seen it a couple times already this season I'd have rated it as a 10. That final battle just had a Deja Vu kind of feeling to it though. For me anyway.

I see what you mean VBG

Click for Spoiler:

but I don't think they will reset the damage this time, and I have read some production reports that also indicate that.

Click for Spoiler:

Don't worry VaBeachGuy, from the production reports I've read the damage to the NX-01 will continue onto the season ender and maybe beyond until they make it back to Jupiter station. The lost crewman will be a focus in 'the Forgotten', an upocoming ep. It is also revealed that one fifth of the crew (roughly 16 crewman). Hope I didn't give too much away.