Sign in to follow this  
stoned_vulcan

Moments That Made You Cry

Well i just wanted to get everyones reactions to the scenes that made us cry. i was before the TOS era, so i didnt see TWOK in theatres, but i did cry when spock died, but i will admit i sat in the theatre on opening day watching nemesis and cried when data died. Kirk's death didn't do much for me... how bout all of you?

Yes, I saw TWOK in the movie theatre and I cried when Spock died. Not only when he died but afterwards when Kirk said those words and Scotty was playing 'Amazing Grace'....OMG..Talk about sadness...We were lucky to get him back..Data's death in Nemesis was sad too but I didn't cry..Kirks death didn't do anything for me..I just felt it was pointless..

I don't recall crying at any moments in the movies. I've seen all 10 in the movies though. Spock's death possibly could have but I can't say for sure.

You have to remember that the first time we saw Spock die was about 25 years ago. Most of us were a lot younger then.

I actually laughed when Data died - not because I saw humor in it but I saw Nemesis with my dad and his work paged him about 10 minutes before the end of the movie. He still doesn't know how it ends because I won't tell him. ;)

The only movie I ever got misty-eyed at was Edward Sizzorhands.

Edited by lt_van_roy

When Kes was blown into Eternity, I loved Kes

This is the movies forum, thus they are asking which "movie moments" have made you cry. Anywho, I don't recall Kes being "blown into eternity". Are you referring to "The Gift" from VOY's 4th season?

when it comes to movies i cry really fast.

I recently saw Nemesis and the part were Data sacrifiest himself did make me cry yes,i didnt expect that at all.

also in Endgame the fact that the old Janeway sacrifiest herself made me cry too.

When Kes was blown into Eternity, I loved Kes

This is the movies forum, thus they are asking which "movie moments" have made you cry. Anywho, I don't recall Kes being "blown into eternity". Are you referring to "The Gift" from VOY's 4th season?

i dont mean to interrrupt but i think that Jeanway does mean the Gift yeah from star trek Voyager season 4

Data's sacrifice in Nemesis brought me close to tears, had to bite my tongue really hard.

Data finding SPot in Generations was another good one

I haven't seen TWOK for awhile so I can't remember but:

Now that I'm on the subject though other scenes that got me were:

"The Inner Light"- Picard with his wife and him playing the flute at the end

"Family" with Worf getting along with his parent and Picard falling apart in front of his brother

I can't think of anymore right now but I'm sure there are some

I cry everytime in Insurrection when Geordi gets to see a real sunrise for the first time. It is so powerful and sweet.

I can't recall crying at any time actually.. But I was pretty darn close while watching "The Inner Light" and of course Datas death in Nemesis, I might have cried if they had done a better "goodbye" scene at the end.

Tasha's death in Skin of Evil. I was 9 at the time. and not a stranger to death either.

I didn't just "cry" in TWOK - I sobbed from the scene in the reactor room - all through the funeral and on the way home. I sobbed myself into a migraine. That's my record for movie crying ever. TNG forward are tv shows but TOS was "real". I cried in Nemesis.

To me it is the moment in which Jean-Luc gets this message from Starfleet Command in "Generations", which says that René and Robert are dead. :wow:

I also can't stop crying when Jean-Luc is talking to Troi about them and actually starts to cry... :wow::wow:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Rumors floated heavily about there being five different possible endings to TWOK years ago when it was due out. One of them was Spock's demise. However, I was unable to see it the first weekend it opened and had to wait for the second weekend! Before that day arrived, we had company and as my friend was stepping over the threshold to my home she spoiled my anticipation by telling me of Spock's death. So when I first saw it I found myself watching and waiting for the moment he "got it". When at last he did die, I sat stunned. It wasn't until future viewings that I found myself sobbing and that was during the funeral scene when Scotty blasted out "Amazing Grace" on his bagpipes and Saavik openly wept. Now I cry whenever I hear that tune, what's with that? But it was a most powerful scene, a movie moment to be sure. You know a story is good when it provokes emotions in the audience. TWOK is still my favorite Trek movie of all time.

T'Bree

I had heard spoilers about Data's death, when i saw it i was stunned i was crying like uncontrolably, i was purposly making an effort so the people around me didnt notice that i was crying. I was in denial too, on the way home i was sitting there thinking "no he isnt dead i didnt just see that happen," im obsessed eh?

When Spock and Kirk were talking right before Spock died and when Scotty started playing the bagpipes were the saddest moments in Star Trek EVER! :clap: I cried soooo much. Also when Kirk and Data died, those were both really sad too.

When I first saw TWOK I sobbed uncontrollably, and I still do every time I see that movie, and I've seen it a zillion times. :clap:

I, too, cried when Spock died. :tear: For the longest time, I never saw "The Search For Spock" so I was always confused as to how he could have died in "The Wrath of Khan" and then suddenly be alive in "The Voyage Home" But I was a child then and did not understand such things. Now that I am older and have seen all of the movies, it all makes sense!!

:waaaa:

Jaina

Edited by jaina27

I still get all weepy at that point in the movie. And at the funeral with Scotty playing Amazing Grace on the 'pipes. I know he comes back but that is one of the best Trek moments ever. I want to cry every time I watch it. :waaaa:

When I saw Data blown to bits.....

Spock dying and shriveling up because of radiation....

Kirk dying....

The TNG family disbanded....

:dude::assimilated::assimilated: