Rate Star Trek XI  

103 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give Star Trek XI?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good.
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

As to the issue of a new series, I highly doubt it. A series would actually kill the franchise as it would lead to more core fandium. Star Trek is made for the masses, to give HOPE to those who watch it, hope for the future. Star Trek is not for a socially devoid group of individuals who's life premise is the oligarchy of Star Trek! While I hold Star Trek fan materials in my home, I do not see that is the end of of Trekdom. The movie was spectacular in the lightest of seance. However, the franchise needs a gross amount of work before it is Pulp-fiction. For too long has the geekdom of Star Trek been its Nemesis, it is time for it to own its own among Hollywood movies. Star Trek needs to evolve into a greater good for the franchise to survive. Star Trek is a "Dream." as Roddenburry said: "In the future there will be no poverty or greed, and ALL of the children will know how to read." Let that be Star Treks Legacy, I think that it, alone, will be a noble one.

I loved the movie. I was reserved about going as I had the original cast in my head BUT the actors did such a terrific job. I realised that the little movements and poise/lines suggested the characters so well that I just forgot that they didn't look like the original characters. Also the non-stop action and the fact that the story kept warping along made me forget my little reservations.

It was thoroughly enjoyable and when everyone left the cinema the place was buzzing! Everyone was excited! My sister and I both had a really depressing and soul destroying week at work so to wind up the week with a good dose of rollicking space adventure was wonderful! My 9 year old niece watched the movie and hardly blinked. She hasn't stopped talking about it. It was the same with the adults in the cinema. As for my niece, I think she is developing into a real fan. Nice to catch them when they are young! Call me selfish, but I hope renewed interest in ST will mean I'm still able to watch new tv series and movies right up till the day I die. Great job guys. I'll guarantee you don't have to be a Star Trek fan to like this movie.

Edited by starsinmyeyes

Went back a few days ago. Loved seeing 1701 again, and realized, as Young Kirk and Spock did their derring-do on the Narada, ''So it begins'' I said to myself, hoping my friend whom I went with heard me. We both gushed as 'she' rose up at Titan....AWESOME MOMENT I keep referencing..wonderful music!, etc. It's part of MY trekfandom, at any rate...the music was for ex a terrific device to build to the revealing of the new design....

A tremendous movie: "5. It's great, I loved it!"

I'll post a topic with a few reflections on it, countering the naysayers.

I would argue that Star Trek is hardly dead, it's been completely brought back to life by this movie. Star Trek was dying a slow and painful death because it couldn't move on. Now it has and thank god. Star Trek has a whole new audience and a whole lot of long time fans like myself who are so relieved that this happened.

I disagree. Its dead, face it and 'move on'. If it were 'alive' it wouldn't go out of its way to be re-packaged, re-cast, and re-written for the semi-literate 'fans' that need to get their sci fi fix.

If your 'relieved', fine. Thats great, but also sad that you could find 'relief' from a film whose performances could've been phoned in and whose story is such a blatant violation of established canon that no serious fan can really accept this dour attempt to insult lifelong fans of the franchise. :D

So I'm not a serious Trek fan because I have a different opinion on the matter? :) LOL ok have fun with that point of view, it's not even worth arguing. Enjoy your bitterness.

BTW, many Trek actors have mentioned they love this movie, Leonard Nimoy included. I guess they don't live up to your idea of real Trek fans.

Obviously he's not a fan. he's a paid actor that will like whatever pays his bills at the time :laugh:

If you like second rate revision thats FX laden, thats fine. I however, prefer more cerebral entertainment. :kiss:

Looking back at who said what it seems the people who had the most complaints were the ones who seen it the most.

It's like that line in the first Porky's when that one old guy was talking about the stag film - "I sat through every disgusting frame of this horrible film. Twice."

Edited by Lt. Van Roy