Sign in to follow this  
TripLives

What Are You Reading?

I read a lot of Trek books and I'm curious what books others are reading, just finished, or just started.

I just finished "The Valiant"

21X49ZCJ57L._PIsitbdparrowTopRight2123_SH30_OU01_AA115_.jpg

and started on "Power Hungry."

21SB9P9P15L._AA115_.jpg

I highly recommend "The Valiant"

I've been slowly reading Glass Empires, which deals with the Mirror Universe. It's interesting, because it slowly drops hints to Earth's past with the Terran Empire.

Blood Price - Tanya Huff. I love vampire novels. And it is canadian, and I happen to like Canadian film, tv and books of late

Am up to page 60 of The 34th Rule (my first Trek book), and I must say it's a little tough to get into. There's quite a lot of financial 'stuff' flying around, but as it's a Ferengi novel I suppose that's to be expected (!). I'm sure it will warm up soon, action-wise....hopefully.

I've read Sarek but it's been about 7-8 years. It's sitting on my bookshelf so maybe I should pick it up again after I finish "Power Hungry (already halfway through that one)."

OK. I'm done with "Power Hungry" (written by Howard Weinstein). So now I'm trying to decide if I should start on a new one or reread one I haven't read in a while (like "Sarek").

I have to say that "Power Hungry" wasn't one of the better Trek books I've read. I can't put my finger on it. The best I can say is that it wasn't Trek enough. If not for the Trek characters, it could've been any Science Fiction story. Substitute any other characters and it would've been about the same. On a scale of 1-10, I'd have to rate Power Hungry a 2, maybe a 3. But that would be a stretch.

Well, I decided to go with one I'd never read so I started on "Enemy Unseen." Since I've been reading TNG books for a while I thought a TOS book (movie era) would be a nice change. But, so far it's a rather slow read. Hopefully I'll get through it soon. Considering I can usually read a Trek book in a week or less, "Enemy Unseen" is kinda strange. I've been trying to read it for about a week and I'm only barely into it. Since it's got Kirk in it, maybe it'll turn out to be a good one.

I'm waiting for Shatner's new Trek Book to come out in a few weeks.

It takes place in San Fransisco when Kirk and Spock meet at the Academy.

I've read all of his Trek Novels and have enjoyed each of them.

I have read a lot of star trek novels, now I have ordered the last novel which was printed in this year:

Resistance (Star Trek) [Mass Market Paperback] by Dillard

in this novel there should be the continuation of the story of picard, worf and B 4 after nemesis, it seems to be very intriguing...

I have read a lot of star trek novels, now I have ordered the last novel which was printed in this year:

in this novel there should be the continuation of the story of picard, worf and B 4 after nemesis, it seems to be very intriguing...

I may want to check that out. Thanks for the tip.

Great. I can add that to my wish list along with "The Good That Men Do." Thanks for the heads-up.

I just started "Yomigaeri " by Shinji Kajio.

Oops....which is not Star Trek. Well, I finished "Enterprise" by Vonda McIntyre a few months back. A good read, if full of continuity errors.

Edited by Son of Kor

I'm currently reading this months Playboy.....oh wait.......that isn't Trek...........

I'm currently reading this months Playboy.....oh wait.......that isn't Trek...........

Just visulize the centerfold with Green Skin and pretend she's an Orion Slave Girl and it becomes "Trek". :hug:

I am finally starting to read where I left off in the book "Get A Life!" by William Shatner. I started reading the book earlier this year, but it took to now to finally pick it up again and start reading so more. It is a really good book about the history of Star Trek conventions. It has a slow beginning, but has finally picked up and I am really enjoying it :)

"Mission to Horatius" + "Orion's Hounds" and some Non ST-Stuff like "Enemy Mine" (Again)

(Yes, I'm always reading several things simultaneously ^^)

"Mission to Horatius" + "Orion's Hounds" and some Non ST-Stuff like "Enemy Mine" (Again)

(Yes, I'm always reading several things simultaneously ^^)

"Mission To Horatius".....WOW.....the first EVER Trek novel. I have a first edition hardcopy somewhere around here... <_<

Ok I am reading:

Star Trek: S.C.E. : Some Assembly Required

2001: A Space Odysee

Dracula

A briefer History of time

Make it so

Peace and War(some kind of long time project, some sides a month)

20 000 Miles under the sea

and also: Mission to Horatius(I saw them in a comic-store and couldn't resist buy two)

Ok I'm sure i reed somethink else but I can't say it now. Yes I like it too read a lot of books simultan!

Edited by John Doe

well total of 4 star trek books right now i am reading star trek a time to hate book

post-1402-1195868094.jpg

this is the book

Edited by Deanna Troi Fan Lizzy

I'm in search of Star Trek books. The library in my town used to have them but don't anymore, which is so wrong in my book. But I am working on writing my own Star Trek TOS in Quark's Bar if anyone wants to read and post comments/conerns/reviews.

I'm in search of Star Trek books. The library in my town used to have them but don't anymore, which is so wrong in my book. But I am working on writing my own Star Trek TOS in Quark's Bar if anyone wants to read and post comments/conerns/reviews.

Pay for the postage and I'll send you a bunch!... :clap: