Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

NHL Talk

I love these new rules, the one thing I wish the NHL could have, is a larger Ice Surface like the Olympics, but oh well, I can't wait until I have the Extra Time to make a few games this year

It's amazing, with all their talent, my favourite team Pittsburgh, can't seem to win. They've played 4 games, no wins but 3 overtime and shootout losses, meaning they're second to last in their division. B) Come on, they need to just click together.

I know how you feel MrPsychic, My favorite team is the Flames, after the

way they played before the strike, and now 1in4, its eay to get down, but keep the

faith, HOCKEY"S BACK B)

You can see my thoughts on the new NHL in the Rivalries thread. Some pros, some cons. Olympic Ice wouldn't be a bad idea but they won't change now because it would require taking some seats out of these arenas and they need to sell as many tickets as possible.

But the NHL has its first true discipline test from tonight's Leafs-Thrashers game. Some real dirty plays on the part of the Thrashers. 3 Thrashers ejected in the 3rd period. Toronto won 9-1 with a franchise record 7 powerplay goals. They need to come down hard on at least Andy Sutton for his hit on Tucker, where he basically directed Tucker's head into the glass for a cut that required 10-12 stitches.

And Mr. P, the Penguins did come back to force overtime in a 5-1 game. Granted they still lost but Caron made an amazing save and that one goal was ridiculously bad goaltending by the Flyers.

The Penguins need to play better in front of Fleury or they are going to ruin him. He was getting shelled 2 years ago and pulling him in this game can't be good for confidence. The Penguins have a pretty good top 6 forwards and a few solid defensemen but need a little more depth at all positions.

Penguins need to beef up their defensemen. They need another Kasparitis or Rick Tocchet, or even Ulf Samuelson. Someone to hit back when the other team hits Lemieux or Crosby or another big name player. That was the downfall of the Penguins in the late 90's, they had offensive talent, but no big defensemen. When the Penguins won the Stanley Cup, they had some big guys, like Tocchet or Samuelson or even Kevin Stevens.

I think the Penguns, need to get a style of Hocey and stick to it, also they need to complete their passes, instead of just letting break-aways happen,

The Pens have always favoured the run and gun style. It's been unfortunate I haven't been able to see any of their games...

The Pens looked Horrible tonight against the Lightning, I think they need a coaching change, cause I see no gameplaning come from Edzo at all

WOW, Brett Hull has retired, effective immediatly...  First ballot hall of famer

358329[/snapback]

Definitely, the class of 2010 will be amazing unless they waive the waiting period. Right now, Messier, Francis, McInnis, Hull, and Stevens are a lock for the hall of fame.

Its good to see the NHL playing once again. I may need to keep an eye on the Oilers this year, as one of my fav players, Chris Pronger, is no longer with the Blues. I'm not singing "the blues", tho. LOL! :)

Pens manage to get another point... :( They had a 3-2 lead going into the last 2 minutes of the game, and lost the lead, then lost it in the first minute of overtime...

::lets out a sigh of relief:: Finally! Pittsburgh wins a game. 7-5 against Atlanta. After being down 0-4, they answer back with 6 unanswered goals.