Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Tapestry

What rating would you give Tapestry?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give Tapestry?

• 5. It?s great, I loved it!
    • 4. It?s good.
    • 3. It?s average.
    • 2. It?s not that good.
    • 1. I hated it.

Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season: 6

Episode #: 15

Production #: 241

Episode Name: Tapestry

Original Air Date: 02.15.93

Review not yet available.

Cast:

Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard

Jonathan Frakes as William Thomas Riker

Brent Spiner as Data

LeVar Burton as Geordi La Forge

Michael Dorn as Worf

Gates McFadden as Beverly Crusher

Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi

Guest Cast:

Ned Vaughn as Corey

John de Lancie as Q

J.C. Brandy as Marta ("Tapestry")

Clint Carmichael as Nausicaan #1

Rae Norman as Penny

Clive Church as Maurice Picard

Marcus Nash as Young Picard

Majel Barrett as Computer Voice

Director: Les Landau

Written By: Ronald D. Moore

Picard dies on the operation table due to being shot and his artificial heart failing. Q, in the afterlife, grants Picard a proposition, a second chance at life, one with a new heart. All Picard has to do is go back into his past, when the incident that caused him to get an artificial heart occurred, and stop that tragic event from happening. A chance to have a real heart? How can anyone pass this up? Jean-Luc can’t pass it up, and takes Q’s favor, only to have it blow up in his face in more ways than one.

What would life be like if you had a second chance to correct the biggest mistake we have made in our lives? What makes “Tapestry” such a great episode is that it answers that question. Maybe it’s best that what happened did, because things could be much worse, as Jean-Luc finds out.

Another great thing about “Tapestry” is that we get a real good look at a young Jean-Luc back when he was only an ensign. He was an unruly, arrogant boy who had no luck with the ladies, a total opposite from the Jean-Luc we all know. And his friends notice the change.

Q really shows that he is a friend to Picard and does him a favor by granting him this request. I really do recommend this episode to everyone, this is my all time favorite Star Trek: The Next Generation episode with good reason, it’s a great story with a moral. We can’t change the past, but maybe that’s for the better. So be glad with what you have now, things could be much worse.

Superbly written episode where yet again Q teaches Picard a valuable lesson about life.

This is an episode where it's best for me to tell you simply to watch the episode yourself to appreciate its brilliance rather than me telling you how great it is.

Gold Standard.

Rating = 5

Sign in to follow this