Sign in to follow this  
Jaz4stfguy

NASCAR Anyone?

Speaking of accidents, Dale Jarrett sure wasn't happy about being taken out by Shane Hmiel near the end of the race.  Hmiel's "reason" (lame excuse) made no sense - the little jerk oughta be fined! (IMHO) 

Yikes! I didn't see that. :P B)

315526[/snapback]

As I recall, Hmiel was in a hurry to get ahead, so he gave Jarrett a little bump, but Jarrett had nowhere to go. In spite of that, Hmiel gave him a shove, which turned Jarrett around and he lost control & hit the wall. Boy was he mad! B) He walked over to Hmiel's car to "talk to him", then pointed his index finger at him, then Hmiel pointed a different finger at Jarrett. B) That was about it.

:inlove::inlove:CONGRATULATIONS!!! :inlove::cloud9:

...to 3 of my favorite drivers - Jeff Gordon #24, Kasey Khane #9, and Mark Martin #6...

and :flowers: to Carl Edwards #99 (and his car).

Mark Martin finished in 3rd at Martinsville, and it also put him in 5th place for overall points. :lol: Jeff Gordon's attempt to pass Kyle Busch on the inside is questionable, IMO. Even the TV commentators felt that Gordon erred, causing Busch to spin out and crash into the wall. The fact that Gordon won the race doesn't justify it, either. Gordon had demonstrated a lot of skill coming back from 3 laps down to be near the front. His stunt seems to me a cheap shot, not the act of a talented racer. :lol: Next week: the Radio Shack 500 at Texas Motor Speedway. :dude:

I wish my employer, Domino's Pizza, would have sponsored a driver we could BRAG ABOUT! Micheal Waltrip finished, what? 30th? 21 laps back? UGGGGGG! But I was rooting for Rusty Wallace, Anyhow...

Mark Martin finished in 3rd at Martinsville, and it also put him in 5th place for overall points. :lol:  Jeff Gordon's attempt to pass Kyle Busch on the inside is questionable, IMO.  Even the TV commentators felt that Gordon erred, causing Busch to spin out and crash into the wall.  The fact that Gordon won the race doesn't justify it, either.  Gordon had demonstrated a lot of skill coming back from 3 laps down to be near the front.  His stunt seems to me a cheap shot, not the act of a talented racer.  :lol:  Next week: the Radio Shack 500  at Texas Motor Speedway. :dude:

317318[/snapback]

You're right about Jeff's pass. He jumpd at the opening too quick, and Kyle probably didn't know he was right there on his tail. As Jeff pulled up, I was thinking" ...uh...uh oh!" I'm glad he apologised for it.

Edited by BakulaBabe

I love it when Stewart has a bad day, him losing his tire made me jump up and down in joy

317338[/snapback]

That was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen during a race! :dude: I'm glad no one ran over it. :lol:

So the no. 6 team won the million bucks this pat weekend. :laugh: Mark seemed duly excited. i guess that he can come back and defend his title next year w/o being a regular in the Cup series. maybe his retirement will be put on hold..........? We will see.

A couple of things...

1st, Congratulations Junior! Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Won his first race in 20 attempts yesterday right here practically in my own backyard at the USG Sheetrock 450 at Chicagoland Speedway.

the Chicagoland Races also featured probably one of the coolest cars out there on the circuit...

Navy_1.jpg

that would be the #14 US Navy Dodge Charger, a sweeeeeeeeet design.

that design is even more sweeter in person. saw it two weeks ago at watkins glen. also met the driver david stremme. he is the nicest driver i've ever met. asking people how things are going and stuff.

tm B)

While on Vacation was able to visit Daytona International Speedway, it was awsome to be able to tour the track and stuff, I think NASCAR Hall OF Fame should go there

A couple of things...

1st, Congratulations Junior! Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Won his first race in 20 attempts yesterday right here practically in my own backyard at the USG Sheetrock 450 at Chicagoland Speedway.

the Chicagoland Races also featured probably one of the coolest cars out there on the circuit...

Navy_1.jpg

338538[/snapback]

Great pic, Jim! :(

:5 month bump:

I love watching Nascar races. I'm a huge fan of the Miller Lite Dodge Team. The Las Vegas 400 is on now; anyone watching?

Let's revive this thread, race fans!

Those crazy Busch brothers...

Kyle Busch Ticketed for Reckless Driving

April 14, 2006

NASCAR driver Kyle Busch was ticketed for reckless driving in a Richmond suburb Wednesday night. The misdemeanor charge carries up to a year in jail, a $2,500 fine and a driver's license suspension, said Sgt. Don Lambert, with Henrico County police. The charge also calls for a mandatory court appearance; Busch will appear in Henrico County General District Court on May 23.

Lambert said the incident happened at 10 p.m. near Richmond International Airport, a few minutes outside the city.

Neither speed nor alcohol was a factor, though Lambert would not provide further details.

"The officer observed his driving behavior consistent with reckless driving," he told The Associated Press late Thursday night.

The 20-year-old Busch, who drives for the Hendrick Motorsports, grabbed his first series victory on May 14, 2004 at Richmond International Raceway. He went on to four more victories and completed the year with five poles and five wins, becoming the youngest top rookie in series history at age 19.

Tuesday, Busch again appeared at the Richmond raceway for the Virginia kickoff of "Focus on Driving," Sprint Nextel's attentive driving education program.

Busch's older brother and NASCAR star, Kurt, had his own legal problems because of a traffic incident last year.

Kurt Busch was banned from two NASCAR races and authorities ordered him to perform 50 hours of community service after he became belligerent with Phoenix police during a 2005 traffic stop. Police charged him with reckless driving.

Busch later apologized.

Henrico County authorities said the younger Busch, who lives in Mooresville, N.C., was cooperative.

Kurt Busch out for season

November 15, 2005

Las vegas native Kurt Busch is suspended for the last two races of the season after a run-in with police. Hours before yesterday's race in Arizona, Roush Racing decided to fire the defending Nextel Cup Champion after Busch was cited for reckless driving.Busch was pulled over friday night in Phoenix for erratic driving, police say Busch smelled of alcohol and was arrogant and abusive to officers.

The policeman's breathalizer was not working so Busch could not be tested.

"If you think the last four words of the national anthem are 'Gentlemen, start your engines,' you might be a redneck."

You mean they're not?!? :welcome:

BTW, am I the only one who wishes that the Nextel Cup drivers would stop driving in the Busch Series races? Doesn't the Nextel Cup drivers' skill and experience give them an unfair advantage over the Busch Series drivers?

Green Flag, Boogity Boogity Boogity!

The other day Gary and I went up to Kenosha, to Woodman's, and as we got onto 94, there was no traffic, he said that and I gunned it. I like watching Nascar, and it's so much fun to pretend to be a Nascar driver when you're on the Interstate..."And they're three-wide coming around turn four. Here's the US Navy Chevy Tahoe taking the lead..."

i love the new gillette razor commerical where their all yelling "newman!" and they have the #12 shaved on their face and at the end ryan newman has the #8 on the back of his head. i also like it since my favorite driver jamie mcmurray is in it.

tm