Sign in to follow this  
ChiFire

Comic books and Superheroes

hey bighero6, do you like the pther green lanterns? like mabye Kyle Rayner (luv him) as green lantern and john stewart as a green lantern?

Hey Chi... Sorry that I didn't respond earlier. I've been off the board for some time. I have to admit that I am a Hal Jordan fan from way back. But, I read the early Kyle Rayner stories and thought they were pretty good. I like that he's part hispanic as I am hispanic. His current 'look' is pretty neat too, with the glowing lantern emblem on his chest. Neat stuff. Have you been reading the "Rebirth" story line?

The new Justice League is my favourite. I really like the Green Lantern. The show is just so epic, it's like watching a comic book. Amazing stories and amazing characters.

I loved the Justice League! And yes, the show is very epic. I loved the theme music for the show. That piece hit the nail right on it's head. Very powerful music if you ask me.

I've only seen a few episodes of Justice League Unlimited and liked what I saw. Personally, the best cartoon version of a comics character is still Batman, The Animated Series. I know that it was viewed by kids, but I got the impression that it was really made for us "older" kids. It was dark, moody and sometimes violent. It was very much in keeping with the whole Dark Knight mythos.

I like the Justice League Unlimited show as well. I caught it for the first time last night while flipping through the channels and it was great.

I watched Sin City last night and I thought it was great. Dark and bloody and disturbing, just the way I like it. Too bad there aren't other movies or tv shows based on dark graphic novels.

well actually, that movie was supposed to be like the old TV show, very campy

And just like the old TV show, the movie totally sucked and almost killed the entire Batman franchise.

316303[/snapback]

actually, the old TV show DID NOT suck, FYI, it introduced a whole new feeling to the superheroes.

irony.

superman had always been played straight, and the other comics were like that. you just can't see that the old TV show was ironic, because the world is filled with so much irony these days.

BTW, don't ask me how i know this.

hey bighero6, do you like the pther green lanterns? like mabye Kyle Rayner (luv him) as green lantern and john stewart as a green lantern?

Hey Chi... Sorry that I didn't respond earlier. I've been off the board for some time. I have to admit that I am a Hal Jordan fan from way back. But, I read the early Kyle Rayner stories and thought they were pretty good. I like that he's part hispanic as I am hispanic. His current 'look' is pretty neat too, with the glowing lantern emblem on his chest. Neat stuff. Have you been reading the "Rebirth" story line?

317028[/snapback]

actually, no. sorry. after i read in this book of DC/Marvel comic crossovers that Hal Jordan went bananzas,i kinda didn't want to read it. maybe i should. i much more like Kyle Rayner, though. John Stewart isn't bad, either.

last night i watched the Batman Beyond movie. It's called, 'Return of the Joker'. it was so creepy, it was kinda hard to think it was an animation. at one point, you see when Tim Drake was jokerized, he looks........scary, and insane. then i looked at the rating on the side of the box, and guess what it said (well, no, actually, don't). it said that the movie was rated PG-13. now, whenever i see cartoons on TV like Teen Titans and Justice League, they're rated Y7. and i know that the rating system is mostly bogus, but it still surprised me.

I would highly recommend that you pick up "Rebirth" as it cleans up Hal's tarnished reputation. Truth be told, I held him up to such high esteem that the whole "crazy as a loon" bit was difficult to swallow.

As for Batman Beyond? That whole show was pretty dark. Real good, but dark. And that whole "Return of Joker" was as dark as it gets. If you haven't seen it, I would recommend that you check out "Mask of the Phantasm." That was a great movie IMHO.

I am SO glad that they have redeemed Hal Jordan. I've always hated the fact that Hal turned out to be a homicidal maniac. When he comes back, I wonder what will happen to Kyle?

I am SO glad that they have redeemed Hal Jordan. I've always hated the fact that Hal turned out to be a homicidal maniac. When he comes back, I wonder what will happen to Kyle?

317233[/snapback]

I honestly don't know. I mean him no ill will, I think that he is still a powerful figure and one that should continue w/ his own book. I would guess he'll go to the stars. Someone needs to rebuild the Corps, don't you think?

:rolleyes: i don't like Marvel all that much. too many personal problems. and not Batman ones, either. the Batman ones are cool.

Is there some reason you only reply to me in here and not in your log? Just curious.

i try to reply to you in my log, but recently there has been an awful lot of Chi bashing.

i wonder if the tar and feathers have been taken out yet.

apparently if UA had a rocket launcher, she'd fire it at me. :rolleyes:

so, who got the March issue of Outsiders?

ok. i saw an ad for the new TV show 'The Batman', and it looks really.......well, i don't particularly want to see it.

oh well. and it doesn't use the same guy for the voice of batman.

there's this really cool store in harvard square that i found, called 'Millionyear picnic'. it has like, every comic that was ever made (well, not really). i found all the 'New Teen titans' old issues! i bought a couple that were dated from 1986 and 1983.

I've been in an X-Men mood recently. Been obsorbing X-Men stuff today. I'm a Marvel Man though, ne thing Marvel is for me, I learned how to read partially due to my Spider-Man comics. This is probably about my 18th year being a Marvel fan (I'm 22 years old now).

I grew up watching reruns of the Bill Bixby series "The Incredible Hulk", which I have all of the movies on DVD. And I also watched reruns of the short lived live action Spider-Man TV series. I remember wearing a ski mask on my face when I was a kid and crawling around pretending I was Spider-Man.

But I did watch DC, I watched reruns of the Adam West Bat-Man series, that's an awesome show. I have the movie of that. But I'm a comic book guy for sure (yes that was a reference to the Simpsons character B) )

Marvel/DC for me equally!

--------------------------------------------

1.X-Men

2.Hulk

3.Spiderman

4.Superman

5.The Fantastic Four

===============================

B) B) B) B)

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

I'm a big fan of both companies as well. I buy about $30 or more worth of comics each week. By the way, comparing the 2 companies is no longer relevant since Marvel bought DC some time ago.