Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

What Are You Reading?

Currently I'm reading DragonLance: Dragons of a Vanished Moon so far it's really good seeing as though it's the last book in a trilogy.

I'm currently reading "The Regimental History of The 23rd PA: Life in the 23rd PA during the Civil War" by William J. Wray

I recently finished Pride and Prejudice for the umpteenth time (I LOVE that book! :unsure: ), and at the moment it's all Star Wars, I must admit. I'm two books behind on the New Jedi Order, and trying to read some of the X-Wing series as well. I can't say I care for Sean Williams and Shane Dix's style (they wrote the last three books of the NJO), but if you like Star Wars, I highly recommend Starfighters of Adumar by Aaron Allston. Finished it yesterday, and it was great! ;)

Spider Man: Venom Factor... no way, I read that book 7 years ago. I thought it was great. Right not I'm not really reading anything. Perhaps a trip to the library is in order.

I just finished Stephen King's "Eyes of the Dragon" and "The Dark Tower:The Gunslinger".Last night I started "The Dark Tower:The Drawing of the Three",should be finished with that by Sunday,when I'll start in on "The Dark Tower:The Wastelands".I read a few of these books as a kid in Jr High and High School,but when Stephen King said he would never finish the series I got so mad I didn't finish reading the set.But,now that he has had a change of heart,I've decided to re-read the series.

I am also reading Ray Bradbury's "From the Dust Returned",Mark Twain's "Roughing It",and Dr.Michael M. Baden's "Unnatural Death:Confessions of a Medical Examiner",that last one has some really disgusting parts,but its also sort of interesting. :laugh:

I just finished "A Man On The Moon" and "The Making Of Star Trek". I'll begin reading "chariots For Apollo: The Making of the Lunar Module" and "Victory" (The story of the Reagan Administrations secret war against the Soviet Union) soon.

I am making a serious attempt to catch up on back issues of National Geographic, and reading Benjamin Franklin by Edmund Morgan. Recently read three Enterprise novels during lunch break's Surak's Soul, Enterprise and a Question of Honor. We now have a talker at the table so I'm not reading so much at lunch.

I've just finished reading Stargazer: Three. This series of books is easy, light reading, but with interesting stories. They're really fun to read.

Right now, I'm about half way through Stitch in Time by Andrew J. Robinson. It's great!! It follows Elim Garak through a Cardassian education intermingled with his experiences on DS9. Very entertaining so far.

Star Trek: Voyager - Homecoming

Same here, and hopefully will I soon get Star Trek: Voyager - The Farther Shore. :bow:

:)

Because of Enterprise I learnt about "Quantum Leap" (I had never heard of it before, although it was aired in Germany too). Since then I'm trying to buy the old QL books via ebay.

At present I'm reading "QL Pulitzer" And I love it !!!!

Currently I am reading the TNG novel "The Forgotten War" and I really like it. :o :bow:

Mrs. Captain Picard

"To Shining Sea" by Stephen Howarth.It is a history of the United States Navy from the Revolutionary War to Operation Desert Storm.Having been written by a British military historian,i have found his opinions of the United States Navy very interesting.I am currently on the next-to-last chapter(the mid 80's).

After this book,I have set aside "The Last Full Measure" a book about the Civil War battle at Cold Harbor,and about the South's general military strategy throughout the war.

Edited by ambassador_klaatu

Right now I'm in the middle of book 4 of the DS9 "Mission Gamma" series. And I'm enjoying it very much. Its great to read about DS9 post Sisko!

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

ENTERPRISE

T H E - E X P A N S E

Novelization by J.M.Dillard

I consider this one to be the first true ground breaking ENT novel. ENT novels which came before were very 2 dimensional and in no way served to expand on the story being told. Dillard has been doing and done his homework with this one and I applaud Dillard for his efforts to accept ENT and begin to get to the meat of these new characters. A true role model for other Trek authors who have been slow to adapt to the new series.

I just finished the first "Errand Of Vengance" and liked the idea of the klingon infiltrator. A good read.

I am starting "Vulcan's Forge" and have also just started Laura Lippman's "In a strange city" a mystery about Baltimore (Where i live) and the Edgar Allen Poe "Toaster" (good for Halloween).

The Mammal In The Mirror:Understanding Our Place In The Natural World by David P. Barash & Ilona A. Barash.(the book deals with DNA mapping,genetic engineering,cloning,combating viruses,and fertility treatments...fascinating stuff).

And,

Emotional Alchemy:How The Mind Can Heal The Heart by Tara Bennett-Goleman.(cognitive therapy mixing traditional eastern mysticism and meditation with modern psychotherapy...also fascinating).

:clap:

I just finished "A Man On The Moon" and "The Making Of Star Trek". I'll begin reading "chariots For Apollo: The Making of the Lunar Module" and "Victory" (The story of the Reagan Administrations secret war against the Soviet Union) soon.

Well I just got around to starting "Chariots for Apollo: The Making of the Lunar Module", I'm about half way through (for about the 5th time reading it :clap: ).

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey. :lol:

. . . one flew east, one flew west, One flew over the cuckoo's nest.

Edited by admiralpeewee

I've just started reading "How to make a Good Script Great"

Does that mean you've written a script?? :lol:

Anyway, I'm out of books!! I've read ALL my books! I need more books. Time to visit E-bay!

I've just started reading "How to make a Good Script Great"

Does that mean you've written a script?? :lol:

Anyway, I'm out of books!! I've read ALL my books! I need more books. Time to visit E-bay!

No, my brother in California has written a couple of screen plays, one of which has gotten very high praise from high placed Hollywood people. He was told that it was in the top 1% of what they had read but they said that Civil War movies aren't "In" right now. But it was said that it would be the "Saving Private Ryan of the Civil War" if it were ever made. (Not the same story but the action and drama).

I had told him that there were a couple of stories that I wished I could make into either books or screen plays but that I don't know how to go about doing that (I have no clue at all). So he sent me that book as a starting point on how to write a script (screen play).

I have no illusion that I'd ever be able to write a screen play that would be made into a movie but it might be fun to set out on the task.

I can't remember the last time I had time to relax and really enjoy a good read. :lol:

The last book I read was "The Grapes of Wrath".I love John Steinbeck's writings.My best friend think's Steinbeck was a hack.I don't know how he can think that.Steinbeck was brilliant.

I currently have 7 books which I am reading...one for each day of the week

Indiana Jones

And The

Temple Of DOOM

Spider-Man

The Venom Factor

Star Wars

Episode II

Attack Of The Clones

Aliens

Earth Hive

Star Trek

Section 31

Cloak

Bruce Campbell

If Chins Could Kill

Confessions Of A B Movie Actor

Brave New World

Hi there :drool:

I'm reading two books right now:

1. Star Trek: Voyager - Section 31 - Shadow.

This book is started out with so much suspense and intrigue that I read three chapters without putting it down. I see from your post that you are reading the same book (unless of course, there are other Star Trek novels with the same name). What do you think of it so far??

2. My Place.

This book is an Australian novel, a true story, set in Perth, Western Australia (which is where I live and the events in this story took place in the suburb next to me, only about three streets away!) It is basically an autobiography, written by an Aboriginal woman, who was always told she was Indian and not Aboriginal. Her grandmother was part of the Stolen Generation, when, back in the 1930s (and up until 1970) half-caste Aboriginal children were taken away from their families and intergrated into 'white' Australian society. I have read it before, about ten years ago.

I have read a few other Star Trek novels, I think the best ones were 'Pathways' and 'Mosaic' along with 'Homecoming' and 'The Farther Shore'

Linda

I just finished Homecoming and The Farther Shore, the two new Voyager relaunch novels by Christie Golden.  I was surprisingly entertained by the books, since I am not much of a Voyager fan.  I picked up the first book in Borders, sat down and started reading, and before I knew it, I was five chapters into it and liking it a lot, so I decided to buy the pair.  I think people who really liked Voyager will love these books.

Hi there :drool:

I just finished reading Homecoming and The Farther Shore aswell, they were fantastic, I couldn't put them down. I have only been watching Voyager for about eight months but I must say, its got to be my favorite show (apart from The X-Files)

I have read a few books based on Voyager, The Murdered Sun, Death of a Neutron Star, Caretaker, Mosaic, Pathways and of course, the two mentioned at the top of this post. I'm now reading Section 31 - Shadow, which is another Voyager book, mainly about Seven so far but with other stuff going on too. I'm loving it. Mosaic and Pathways are great also, I found them very interesting and I read them even before I had seen the entire series of Voyager. So if you aren't into Voyager that much, you will probably enjoy them.

Linda

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey. :drool:

. . . one flew east, one flew west, One flew over the cuckoo's nest.

Hi there :eek:

I have seen the movie 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest'. It was rather interesting and apparently extremely contraversial for the time it was made (in the 70s sometime I think). It has few famous actors in it but I can't remember who they are right now. I have never read the book but I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

Linda

Let's just say I am reading a variety of books, comics and books for a tax class I have a I'm taking.

back log of books-over 10.

I have a back log of comics-over 10.

I have a back log of fan fiction that I need to read-over 5.

Leap of Faith by Queen Noor

Just finished the Lobster Chronicles by Linda Greenlaw