Sign in to follow this  
stoned_vulcan

Kirk

okay this is a two part question....do you think that the cartoon version of Capt. Kirk was actually a better actor than Shatner? the 2nd part to the question is: who do you think looks sharper Shatner, or the cartoon Kirk..... personally i think the real one was slightly better actor, but the cartoon looked amazing

do you think that the cartoon version of Capt. Kirk was actually a better actor than Shatner?

Now that you mention it I believe you're right, the cartoon Kirk was less hammy. Even less "animated" than in real life but I like the hammy passionate version of him in live action more.

who do you think looks sharper Shatner, or the cartoon Kirk..... personally i think the real one was slightly better actor, but the cartoon looked amazing

Hmmm, I aways thought the animation style of TAS left MUCH to be desired. It's a shame they cut so many corners on TAS; too much stock fottage re-use, it could have looked allot better imo but I'm glad to have it.

Shatner's toupee or tribble if you prefer is what makes the real one even more entertaining

:look:

I like the way Shatner runs in TAS- he jacks his elbows way up in the air, like he's doing the Funky Chicken.

I never thought of that :look:

If i recall the Animated Series of the late 70's i'd say the real Shatner was better than the animated version but was still fairly close to what he looked like at the time

:look: :( :hug::look:

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

The live one is more animated - wait - I think I've confused myself, or not. The animated one will always remain in shape, even if it does run funny. :P

The live action Kirk had more physical definition, but that's to be expected. I don't know if I would say one was more hammy than the other. I think just the fact that he could only use his voice limited how much Shatner could actually do with animated Kirk, and that the animators had a good share of it too.

Live action Kirk just works better for me.

The live action Kirk had more physical definition, but that's to be expected. I don't know if I would say one was more hammy than the other. I think just the fact that he could only use his voice limited how much Shatner could actually do with animated Kirk, and that the animators had a good share of it too.

Live action Kirk just works better for me.

Agreed.