Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

StarTrek Magazines

I don't right now but would like to know who gets which ones and if they think any of them are better than another. :clap:

I have purchased the Star Trek Mag. on occasion, mostly I buy ones that

have one of the characters I particularly like, I feel I have to pick and

choose....they are pricey.... :clap:

HI I USED TO GET"STAR TREK" MAGAZINE BUT THEY STOPPED PUBLICATION A WHILE AGO , DONT KNOW WHY. "COMMUNICATOR" IS O.K. THEY HAVE A FEW INTERRESTING ARTICLES , OTHER TIMES NOT. I CAN'T THINK OF ANY OTHER MAGAZINES OUT THERE.

I get the magazine Star Trek Communicator. I highly reconmend it. I believe it is a great Trek mag. And I always read it cover to cover the day I receive it in the mail. It has some great articles and interviews..It is especially worthwhile if you like Enterprise. They interview the actors periodically as well as Rick Berman and talk about the production of Enterprise and how things are going...

Can they be ordered through an inter-net site? Keep this quiet now I don't want to be Spammed to death here :clap:

Guest Ktrek

I have purchased almost every Star Trek magazine that comes out. The only one left in the U.S (as far as I know) is Star trek Comunicator. My only problem with the magazine is that it is publised bi-monthly. That means that by the time you get the mag in your grubby little hands the news is already old. Especially if you check internet sites. Other than that I like it. I liked Star Trek - The Magazine a whole lot more but as they say All Good Things.......

Ktrek

Edited by Ktrek

I don't currently subscribe to any Trek magazines but I do subscribe to CosmoGirl, don't ask me why, it just shows up every month and I've never paid a dime for it. Scary part is I actually read it. :clap:

In the past I have purchased Star Trek Magazine and Communicator. I like the magazine but the price was a turrn of. Apparently a lot of other people felt the same way.

For a while I bought Star Trek : The Magazine in stores, but we eventually broke down and subscribed ...... just before they stopped making it. B) That was a good magazine, even if it was a little pricey.

I used to get Star Trek magazine, occasionally. Especially if there was articles concerning my favorite characters or upcoming movies. Same with ST Communicator, or Starlog, Dreamwatch, SFX, SciFi Magazine. Or, when they were in print anyhow, the TNG magazines.

I have not gotten the magazines in quite awhile now, I flip through them to see if they are interesting.

But actually, though I am a Trek and particularly a TNG fan...the magazines I purchased or had purchased more astronomy, dance, gymnastics, gardening related magazines, and National Geographic than I purchase the Trek ones.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

well my mom won't let me...

She says since I get Popular science, pop mechanics, and sci am, I have enough...

I don't...

Too bad trek magazines aren't at super markets.

I've suscribed to communicator for several years now...i like it pretty much. I liked magazine better, but i thought it pricey...btw the reason they stopped making it is because they merged with communicator. also i dont know if this counts, but i LOVE the trek comic books...

OK, I ORDERED THE COMMUNICATOR AND GOT IT IT IS GREAT :unsure:

THANKS I LOVE IT :flowers:

I have more star trek magazines then i do communicators, it's a bummer they stoped making the magazine because it really went into more detail on the technical apsects of the shows then communicator seems to (i have some of those btw, one i got free at a sci-fi convention :flowers: ). Don't get me wrong, the communicator mags are pretty cool, they just don't cover the technical issues like the magazine did.

I used to get The Magazine and/or the Communicator depending on which one included the most interesting articles but since the Mag folded all that's left is the Communicator, I pick up new issues when we're at the mall.

I used to get both The communicator and the Star Trek Magazine, but since I couldn't afford both, I let my subscription to the communicator expire because I didn't like the bi-monthly issues (news was always late). The format of the Star Trek Magazine appealed to me a whole lot more, plus I loved the quality and detail of it. But then about a year before they stopped publishing it I couldn't afford it any longer, so I had to be satisfied reading them at the bookstore... always thought I would re-subscribe until the demise of the magazine. Now I just read the communicator at the bookstore whenever I see a new issue out. Walden's still has issue 150 out.