Do you call Tech Support  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you call Tech Support

• Yes, they're very helpful
    • No, I can't understand what this person is telling me
    • Sometimes, but only if I'm desperate
    • Never, I'm a tech genius
    • Wait, I'm on hold

I'd thought I'd start this poll after an "incident" I had this week. Do you call tech support. Myself I usually try to solve the problem on my own but earlier this week I found myself unable to connect to the internet. I called tech support and despite the horror stories I've heard and experienced the tech support person was very patient and helpful. After spending almost an hour trying to help me solve the SNAFU, it was discovered that the network in my area was down. A few hours later I was back online. What have been your experiences with tech support?

Yes I call often and Cox tech support is wonderful. They always get my problem fixed and they've never laughed at me even though I'm sure they've wanted to many times. :)

Never. Absolutely never. I can almost always work out the problem by myself in an acceptable amount of time, which means the next time it happens, or something similar occurs, I'll be able to deal with it in no time.

If all else fails, just go by the following rule...

Throw money at a problem and it'll go away.

Hey, it's better than wasting time on it.

Stardate:214235.2

Ugh I tried that once and found out they dont know a thing!

I was having a video card problem so i decided to call cause i didnt want to screw anything up.Well I asked the guy why it wasnt working and he give me a few scenarios none of which were correct.I told him the reason i thought it wasnt working was becasue it wasnt compatible with the mother board and maybe i should switch off a part of it to get it to work.he said something along the lines of "Uhh you can shut off the motherboard? I had to keep from laughing so i explained to him that yes you can through the BIOS.Idid it and it worked.I explained to him that i am just going to get a new motherboard when I switched to Linux anyways.Then he said "What is Linux?" I told him he was an idiot and hung up the phone.

If you want something right do it yourself when it comes to tech support IMO

Nope never used them most stuff i can sort out my self and if i cant sort it out then i just send my brother a e-mail hes a tech wizard :picard-sith:

If its something I don't know, I'll call and get help. I don't want to mess things up then they already are. They tend to be very clear, idiot proof if you ask me lol.

I have not voted.

Round here I am the tech support. I am the person who all else come to if they have problems