Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Borg Episode ....'Food For Thought'

252548.jpg

Picture from Star Trek: TNG

Enterprise co-producer Michael Sussman has spoken about the show's upcoming Borg episode, and is confident it will serve Trek continuity well.

"I consider myself something of a "continuity hound," he told readers at The Trek BBS. "While I admit the show isn't always airtight in this regard, we do try our best, and with "Regeneration," I paid very close attention to these issues. As a fan, nothing takes me out of an episode faster than an obvious contradiction with what's been established previously."

Responding to the perception that Picard had the first encounter with the Borg, he said: "There is a detail that seems to be often overlooked or forgotten: the Enterprise-D's encounter in J-25 was not the Federation's initial contact with the Borg," he explained. "It's made quite clear in [the season two episode 'Q Who?'] that the Borg wiped out several Federation and Romulan outposts along the Neutral Zone in the TNG season one finale (appropriately titled 'The Neutral Zone'). This fact seems to have been generally ignored in future episodes, but it is definitively established in 'Q Who?'

To view complete story and comment please click here: Trek News

~From TrekToday